With an increasing amount of crimes on a day-to-day basis, staying safe has become a top priority task. Our lifestyle has gone through many levels of changes and this is the reason, we need to step up our game in terms of safety technology as well. If you’re looking for the latest technology surveillance kits, the Wyze app is an amazing choice. The Wyze cam app has an amazing camera and is a perfect app for ensuring your security and privacy.
If you’re looking forward to setting up your own Wyze cam on pc, this article will take you through everything you need to know in order to get it done.
Requirements for running Wyze Cam app on your PC
- The operating system of your Windows PC must be Windows 8 or above.
- 3 GB or more RAM.
- Around 60 to 65 GB of empty space.
- Intel Core i3 / AMD Ryzen R3 or a newer CPU processor is required.
Downloading Wyze app for PC
There is no official version of the app available for Windows but you can view the live camera on your PC with the help of a link generated by your smartphone. But if you’re willing to download the Wyze app on your Windows PC itself, then that can be done by following the below steps.
- Start by installing an android emulator on your device, you can opt for any one of your choices. Here we will be using BlueStacks.
- Now, open the BlueStacks app and log in to your Google account, if you don’t have a Google account, you’ll have to create one.
- Search and find the Wyze app and install it onto your PC.
- Instead of downloading the app in this method, you can also download Wyze with the help of an apk file of the app.
- You’ll find an apk file for Wyze anywhere on the internet.
- After downloading the file, right-click on the file and the installation will be done. After this step, the apk file will get converted into the app and is ready for use.
How to set up the app?
Now that the installation is done, it’s time to set up the app and start making use of the Wyze cam. In order to do so, follow the instructions below.
- Open the app and complete the signup process, give the necessary details and create your account.
- Once you are done with that, the app will ask you for permission to access your location, click on the allow option.
- Now, the next pop-up will ask you to allow the app to send notifications, allow that too.
- After giving the necessary permissions and signing up for the app, you will see an “add device” option, click on it.
- Grab the security camera and find the setup button behind it. Long press the setup button until you hear “ready to connect”. Now, go to the app and click on “I heard, ready to connect”.
- After you’re done with that, type in your Wi-Fi password and connect the cam to your Wi-Fi network.
- When you are connected to the Wi-Fi network, a QR code will appear on your device. Scan the QR code with your webcam.
- If the scan is successful, you’ll hear a voice saying “QR code scan successful, please wait” from the cam.
- Now, go to the app on your device and click on “I heard, QR code scan successful, please wait”.
- If all of the steps are followed correctly, you’ll see that the device is connecting to the Wyze app.
- Give your device a name, click on “update” and then click on the “start the device” option.
- Now, get your webcam and start it by clicking on a button present just below the lens of the cam.
- You will now be able to see the live view from your cam on your Windows PC.
The process does include a lot of twists and turns but if you are patient enough, you will get through the steps pretty easily. We have mentioned a few requirements to download the Wyze Cam on your PC, only proceed further if your PC reaches all the requirements.
1. Can I use the Wyze app without a network connection?
No, you cannot use the app without an internet connection, you will need to have a stable internet connection to watch the live cam on your app.
2. Is the Wyze cam waterproof?
No, the cam is not waterproof, and if you are using it for outside use make sure that it is not left outside for a long time.
3. Can I use the Wyze cam outside?
Yes, the camera can be used outside without any issue, just make sure that it doesn’t get in contact with water and harsh temperature.
4. Is Wyze cam battery operated?
No, the Wyze cam doesn’t have a battery so it needs to be plugged into an external power source in order for it to work.
The Wyze app is a user-friendly and easy-to-use app with a lot of features, we have mentioned a few important characteristics and features of the app below.
- Record the videos and store them on cloud storage.
- You also have an option to sort the recorded videos according to the date of recording.
- The cam is also packed with motion detection technology.
- You can search for the required footage using the search feature on the app.
- You can record and play the videos back without any hassle.
- It has two-factor authentication so no one other than you can get access to the app and your recorded footage.
- The cam itself is also very good with the amazing video quality.
The performance and quality of the webcam as well the app are both top-notch and provide extreme security. The Two-factor authentication makes sure no one other than you get access to your recordings. If you’re someone that’s constantly worried about what’s happening at the house or office while you’re out, then Wyze cam is an easy and effective solution to give you peace of mind. Just open your phone or PC and check whether everything’s going right.