One of the most awaited and anticipated video calling app, Google Duo, has now been around for nearly two months. Google Duo is a simple, easy to use, and fast video calling app meant for Android and iOS phones. Thankfully, Google Duo can also be used with the Windows devices.
This app can be easily downloaded for Windows PC. You can make a video call to your friends and family for free using Google Duo app. Yes, the app is free. But remember that the data charges may apply depending upon your internet connection.
The app was launched in 78 languages for both Android and iOS users. Google Duo, just like the other Google Apps, is pretty easy to use. We have outlined the simple steps below to download Google Duo to your Windows PC or laptop.
Quick Intro About Duo App
The app is incredibly easy to use from the beginning till the end. Install the app and at the time of setup it will ask you for your phone number. Once set up, it will use your contacts list to connect to people. You don’t need to create a separate Google account to use this app. With one account you can do it all.
It is one of the most recent, high-profile video calling apps and thus is expected to be more advanced and evolved. The good news is that it is. While you may experience snags and interferences during video calling in other apps, Google takes care of this in this app. You just need a good and reliable internet connection. If you have Windows OS 7 or any other higher version, you can use this app on your PC easily.
Download Google Duo for PC & Mac computer
Here is the simple step by step guide to download Google Duo for Windows PC. You can follow the same steps to download and install Duo on your Mac computer too.
- Firstly, you are going to need an Android emulator on your computer. The Android emulator creates the Android environment on your PC or Mac and allows you to use just about any Android App.
- BlueStacks and Droid4x are the two most reliable and widely used Android emulators. You can download them from their respective official websites.
- Once the emulator is installed, open it on your computer.
- Find the search button and enter the keyword ‘Google Duo’
- You will see the app in the Google PlayStore
- Click on the Install button to install the app on your computer.
- Start the Google Duo app and enter your phone number during setup. You will be sent a verification code on the same phone number. Enter the code for verification.
- You are now all set to use Google Duo on PC or Mac.
Features of Google Duo
Here are some of the important features of this app:
- Fast and reliable video calling
- Simple and easy to use app with a very user friendly interface
- There are little snags, lags, or hiccups during the video calls
- Google Duo comes with a Knock-Knock features that allows you to see the video of the caller even before answering the call
- The app is highly secure with end-to-end encryption
- If the internet connection fails during the call, the video call is automatically reconnected when the connection is resumed