The days are gone when the users used to rely on the cost saving plans of the SMS packs from their mobile operator. The time when SMS packs were popular, the mobile operators were indulged in a price war.
But, the arrival of fast internet and classy smartphones has changed the whole equation. Now, to cash the overuse of the internet worldwide, Instant Messaging (IM) services have established themselves as the new sires.
Various IM apps like Whats App, Hike, BBM and others have dominated the texting world with the sure advantages of providing many facilities than an ordinary SMS.
The BBM is the one which is known as the safest IM app in the market and now has been made available for the android, windows and iOS smartphones as well.
In the meantime, those who don’t have an android and iOS smartphones and want to use the BBM, then they can do it on their windows 7/8/xp PCs for free. Here below is the procedure after some general talk about the BBM.
Features of BBM
We all know that BlackBerry smartphones are the best when it comes to security and so as its apps. The BBM is from the very same company which can be used on android and iOS too, as they cover almost entire smartphone market. Here below are some features which are offered by BBM.
- Unlike other IM apps, BBM requires a unique BBM pin to add contacts.
- BBM has unique feature of letting the sender know about when his texts were sent, delivered and read.
- You can send not only texts, but video, audio, images, music and others as well.
- You can involve some friends also to start a group chat over BBM.
- There is no limit on word count while sending or receiving texts on BBM.
Now, let’s head back to the downloading procedure of BBM on your windows 7/8/xp PC.
How to Download BBM for PC(Window 7,8 & XP)/MAC
The time when BBM gets launched for the android and iOS it started appearing on their play store as well. Now, we all know that to run the play store apps we require installing a platform to support the smooth running of the app. Here’s how you can do that.
- Step 1 : Download and install the Bluestacks app player as the app running platform.
- Step 2 : Once done, launch the Bluestacks and type the ‘BBM’ in the search area.
- Step 3 : Find the app and click to download.
- Step 4 : Install the BBM after downloading the app.
- Step 5 : Once done, launch the icon and start using the BBM.
The BBM is one of the most anticipated apps on the android platform. The BBM is very safe on the behalf of identity leaks and annoying texts from the other users, which is quite frequent on the other apps.
However, the BBM has quite issues as it was blamed for the extra battery drainage of the smartphones, but I guess you won’t be having those issues on your windows 7/8/xp PC. I am sure that you will be able to download BBM on PC easily.