Leaving a light or a fan switched on while stepping out for a vacation can cause some pretty terrible stuff. In such cases, apps like Geeni are a lifesaver. Geeni is an app that basically lets you control your house regardless of where you are. With just one click, you can easily turn any appliance on or off. When an app is this useful, you’d probably want to have it on all your devices. If that’s what you’re thinking, downloading Geeni on your Windows PC is the first thing you should be doing. There is no official version of Geeni app is available for PC so you’ll have to carry out the download through an android emulator.
Installing Geeni app
The app has versions for both Android and iOS devices. So, if you’re wondering how to download the app on an android or iOS device, you can do so directly from your app store or the Google Play Store. But if you are among the second category of people that are looking for a way to access Geeni on a Windows or Mac PC, the below steps will give you all the help you’ll need.
Download and Install an android emulator
In order to download an app on PC without having an official version of it, you’ll have to create an artificial atmosphere where the app can run. In this case, you’ll need to create the atmosphere of an android or iOS device on your Windows or Mac PC. The best way to do so is to download an android emulator on your PC. If you’re wondering how the below steps will give you a clear explanation.
When it comes to choosing an android emulator, there are a lot of options you can go for. Here we will be using BlueStacks.
- Go to the official website of BlueStacks or NoxPlayer or any other android emulator that you’ve decided on choosing.
- Click on the download button on the webpage, the download will start automatically after you click on the download option.
- When the download is done, go to the folder where the file is saved and double click on the .exe/.dmg file to open it.
- As soon you double click on the file, a few on-screen instructions will appear, follow them as is. After this step, you’ll also need to give the emulator a few permissions.
- Now, go to your home screen and double tap on the BlueStacks app icon to open the app.
- Log in to your Google account to access all of the android apps including Geeni.
- In case you don’t have a Google account you will have to create one right now because you won’t be able to proceed further without a Google account.
- If you’ve downloaded an iOS emulator, the steps for installation are mostly similar.
Now that you have downloaded and installed an android emulator, it’s time to get into the steps to download the Geeni app on your Windows PC and start controlling your household appliances.
Downloading the Geeni app for PC
- If you’ve already logged in to a Google account, the further steps will be pretty easy to carry out.
- First, go to the search bar and search for the Geeni app.
- Among the list of apps that appear, click on the official icon of the Geeni app and then click on the install option.
- The installation might take a while if you’re on a weak internet connection, so make sure you’re connected to a stable internet connection before starting the installation.
- When the installation is done, click on the open option or go to the home screen of the emulator to open the app.
- Every time you open the app, it will be opened on the BlueStacks emulator, you can’t open it individually.
This is the easiest possible way you can download Geeni app on your PC but if you’re unable to download the app with this method, you can also use the APK file of the app to complete the installation process. The steps for doing so are mentioned below.
- First of all, surf the internet and find the APK file of the Geeni app to proceed forward.
- Now, in the home page of the android emulator, click on the three vertical dots option. An option to add another application will appear, click on it.
- After clicking on the add an application option, add the APK file of Geeni app to the BlueStacks Android emulator.
- In case you are using a different android emulator, just search on Google for the steps to add an apk file to that emulator.
- As soon as you add the apk file, the Geeni app will appear on the home screen of the BlueStacks emulator. This basically means that the app has already been installed to your device.
- You can double-tap on the app icon to open the app and start controlling your appliances from your PC itself.
Each one of the above-mentioned methods or steps will help you download the Geeni app on your PC without any issues. But in case there’s an issue with one method you can always try the other one out and complete the installation. If you’re looking for a method that’s easy to follow and doesn’t have many steps, then go for the first one. Using the apk file is also easy but you’ll have to go on Google and find a legitimate file which is gonna waste some time, so we prefer downloading the app from the play store itself.
Having the Geeni app on your mobile phone is the easiest way to access it. But, if you end up in a situation without your mobile phone, having Geeni on your PC will prove to be extremely helpful. Above, we have given a clear explanation of how to download the app on your PC using two different methods, we’ve also mentioned the steps to install an android emulator. Just go through the article and we hope you are able to successfully download and use Geeni on your PC without any issues.