iMessage is an instant messaging app built-in to the Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac computers. This app lets you send text messages, videos, voice messages, and pictures to the other iOS and Mac users. Like any other app designed by Apple, iMessage is also a rage among its users. More than 1 billion people use Apple products actively everyday and hundreds of millions of them use iMessage too. The post is especially written for the people who are very interested using iMessage on Android phones and other OS as well. Here, in this article, we’ll discuss on how to download iMessage for Android. ( Recently, we shared a guide on downloading iMessage for windows)
There are iMessage Mock-ups
Yes, it is true that apple has created some Mock-ups and prototypes of iMessage to test how this application will perform on the other platforms, such as Android. But, that is how far it has gone. It has been a while since the mock-ups were created and Apple has given no further inkling that it plans to make the app cross-platform. But, now we know where all this buzz originated from.
If you are an Android user, we will recommend you not to raise your hopes high. We don’t see any indication thus far that the app will be available on the Android platform.
The mock-ups were never made public and just because Apple made them does not mean that iMessage’s availability on Android is a given. Exclusivity of the apps adds a lot of value to having an iOS device.
How to Get Apple iMessage for Android
Are you looking for iMessage Android version? Let’s kill the buzz right away. iMessage app is not available on the Android platform and it looks like it never will be. Apple creates outstanding apps and keeps it exclusive to its devices; that has been the mainstay of their marketing strategy which has done pretty well for them so far. But, you don’t need to worry, you can look for other ways.
Is there any way I can use iMessage on Android?
Unfortunately there is absolutely no way you can use iMessage on your Android device. No workarounds have been found yet to make it possible. However, you can try some of the alternatives of iMessage, which work pretty well. Here are some of them:
- Messenger: Messenger by Facebook is one of the most popular messaging apps around. You can send videos, text messages, pictures using this app. You can also make voice and video calls. You can connect with anyone else using Facebook
- Hangouts: Hangouts by Google is another great cross-platform app you can use on your Android device as an alternative to iMessage. You can send and receive text, video, and voice messages and make voice and video calls to other Hangouts users.
- WhatsApp: It is difficult to find someone these days that doesn’t use WhatsApp. Everyone who uses smartphones also uses WhatsApp. In fact, it is the most popular and most widely used instant messaging apps worldwide. What’s app has now also added video calling feature.
Why iMessage is Exclusive?
iMessage is a great app with lots of features. Here is a list of some of the most popular features:
- The app lets you send and receive photo, video and text messages to and from the other iOS device users
- If you need to make voice call, iMessage is integrated to FaceTime and launches this video calling application from within
- You can send messages to other iMessage users using the phone number or an email address
- It is a lightweight app that does not affect the performance of your iOS device
We have established that iMessage cannot be used on the Android devices. Although Apple has tested some cross-platform mock-ups it hasn’t given any suggestion that this app will be available on Android any time soon or ever. You can use one of the alternatives of iMessage to stay connected with your friends and family.
Also visit : Top 10 Apps Like Tinder for Android and iOS