Game Boy Advance was once an extremely popular handheld gaming console of the world. The several versions of the gadget had sold more than 80 million units worldwide back in the days. GBA had some really exciting games and many found it difficult to let go of it.
Times change, technologies evolve, gadgets are phased out, and we move on. However, there are many among us, who would want to slip into the past and evoke the feelings of nostalgia. This is the reason why Game Boy Advance emulators, such as GBA4iOS still exist, and will continue to do so.
GBA4IOS, undeniably, is one of the best GBA emulators out there. It lets you play all your favorite GBA games right on your iOS devices. But, there is a catch! Most of the people do not know how to use this emulator without jailbreaking their device as Apple keeps revoking its certificate.
Fortunately, GBA4IOS is still available for the iOS devices and you don’t need to jailbreak your phone. All you need to do is follow this easy installation guide we have put together for you.
Trending : Install Appcake without Jailbreak
Steps to Get GBA4iOS on your iDevice
Here are the steps to download GBA for iOS without hacking.
- You will need to use the Safari browser to download and install this emulator your iOS device. Safari is pre-installed on the Apple devices. However, if you uninstalled it for any reason, make sure that you reinstall it again.
- Open the Apple Safari browser and access the following link through the address bar: http://www.gba4iosapp.com/download/
- You will find that the website wouldn’t work straightaway; you will need to use a workaround to get the website working. You will need to change the existing year of your iDevice to 2010. Only then you will be able to install the GBA4IOS emulator.
- You can change the device date and year through the ‘Settings’
- Once you have changed the year on your phone, you will need to go to the Safari browser again to access the web page.
- This will install the GBA4IOS emulator to your iDevice.
- However, you will not be able to use it yet; you will need to mark the device as ‘Trusted’ first.
- In order to change the Trust status of the application, you will need to alter the date again; you will need to change the date back to the current date.
- Once you have chosen the current date and year, you can go to Settings > General > Profiles to give the ‘Trusted’ status to GBA4IOS app
Now that you have installed the emulator, you should be able to play the Game Boy Advance games right away. But, there is one more thing you still need to do. In order to use GBA4IOS on your iDevice you will need to change the year again back to 2010. Once you have done that, GBA games are all yours to be played and enjoyed. Get all the ROMs for your favorite games and start playing right now!
Also see : Moviebox for PC-Windows 10/8/7
Download Roms for GBA4iOS
So now you have the GBA4iOS on your iOS device. What’s next? Well, in order to enjoy this emulator, you need some ROMs so that you can play your favorite GBA games. Downloading the GBA ROMs once used to be difficult; today, you can download it easily without any hassles. The ROMs are downloaded within the emulator environment; but the good news is that they can be synched with Dropbox. Here is how you can do that:
- Open the GBA4iOS emulator on the iOS device on which you have installed it
- You will find the Search box at the top on the right; tap it
- This will redirect you to the Homepage of Google
- You can look up for your favorite ROMs for various GBA games and download it on your iOS device
Once you have downloaded the desired ROM you will want to sync it with DropBox. This will save the ROMs in the DropBox account. You will be able to use these ROMs with all the iOS devices on which you have the GBA4iOS emulator. Make sure that you have already installed and activated Dropbox on your iDevice.
Check : iMessage for Windows
Features of GBA for iOS
GBA4iOS is a trusted app and does not harm your phone in any way. Here are some of the incredible features of this emulator app:
- GBA4iOS has a very nice interface making it easy for you to use it. The layout of the app is very neat. Developers have kept the user-friendliness in mind.
- This emulator supports all the GBA games that you would have been longing to play. All you need to do is find the ROM from the internet
- Game cheats are also available to enhance your game play and make it more enjoyable
Click to download : iMovie : The Best Video Editor for Windows